- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package Cranberries, rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, partially drained
- 1 large green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained, canned Jalapeño chilies*
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Bring 1 cup water and sugar to boil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar melts. Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add pineapple with remaining juices, green onion, chiles, lime juice, and cumin. Continue to cook until cranberries are just tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer salsa to bowl. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
Makes about 4 cups
*Jalapeños canned in brine, sometimes labeled “en escabeche”, can be found near the salsas in most markets.RecipesSalad, Salsas & DressingsCranberry-Pineapple Salsa